Always practice safe sex. If you’re short on cash for Jonnies, simply ask your depot manager for a stash before you head off… and remember if it’s not on, it’s not on!
Here’s some more valuable travel tips – lessons from Van Tour 2011:
- Ensure all valuables, particularly TomToms or other satelite navigation equipment are hidden from view when the vehicle is unattended
- If the vehicle’s stereo has a face, ensure it is hidden from view, either in the glove box or on your person when the vehicle is unattended
- Park in secure parking / camping grounds when possible
- Ensure your passport remains on your person so that in the event your vehicle does get broken into you won’t have to organise expensive emergency passports from the capital city of the country you are visiting! It can be bloody inconvenient!
- Keep a photocopy of your passport in another bag in case your passport is taken while it is on your person
- Don’t leave windows open when the vehicle is unattended… Even a little bit! We know it’s not nice to come back to a steaming hot vehicle, but it’s worse to come back to a cool empty one!
- Try not to ‘flash your cash’ or openly flaunt your valuables! Crime is everywhere and they’re always watching!
- For God’s sake people, get some bloody good travel insurance! How many times do we have to tell you!? We can protect from STD’s but we can’t protect you from all the evils in the world.